K & H Thermo-Pond 3.0 Pond Deicer - 2 pack
Bundle and save! 2 pack of Deicers.
Thermo-Pond™ 3.0 is the third generation of the most efficient and advanced pond de-icer on the market. While it looks the same on the outside, Thermo-Pond™ 3.0 is all new on the inside. Thermo-Pond™ 3.0 outperforms all other heaters and de-icers on the market.
January - Hole in snow
Snow brushed off the heater
Hole from heater
- Maintains a hole in backyard pond ice for just pennies a day
- Can save up to $ 30 to $ 50 a month in electricity compared to "stock tank" style heaters - pays for itself in two months!
- Only 100 W power consumption
- Floats on top of the water
- Thermostatically controlled never to get hot
- Completely safe when used with a pond liner or plastic pond
- PVC construction - no corrossion
- Fish friendly - assists the escape of toxic gases all winter long to help maintain a toxic-free environment for fish living under the ice
- Tested in northern Wisconsin at temperatures of 30° below zero Fahrenheit (- 34° C)
- CUL approved
- State-of-the-art thermostat: Faster and more effective response to temperature changes. Increases the unit's life by years
- Longer thermostat variation: More "On" cycle time providing increased heat time
- Larger heat radius: Creates a larger hole in the ice allowing pond owners to know it's on at a glance
- Increased cord strain relief: Strain relief is well beyond UL Listing requirements
- Oversized drip edge: Water will not come in contact with seal
- Advanced solvents: Insures a 100 % seal
- Upgraded plastics: Exceeds 2004 UL Listing standards
- Longer cord: Convenient 12 foot power cord
- Leak-proof entry port: Two-part epoxy injected into the entry port eliminates possibility of leaks
- 100 % guaranteed: No change ! K&H stands by its products, always has, always will !
- 1-year warranty
- This product keeps water from freezing but will not maintain a constant, elevated water temperature
- This heater is recommended for ponds up to 1,000 gallons - an additional Thermo-Pond should be used for each additional 1,000 gallons of water - an additional heater should also be used in ponds requiring extra gas exchange due to excessive plant decay or large quantities of fish under the ice
- MUST be plugged in to a properly grounded and GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) protected 120 Volt outlet !
- Not for use in swimming pools or salt water
Just plug in your Thermo-Pond and float it in your pond dome side up. You should begin to use your Thermo-Pond when your pond has iced over. If the ice on your pond is more than 2 inches thick, drill a hole with an ice auger and place the Thermo-Pond over the hole. If the ice is only 1 or 2 inches thick, place Thermo-Pond on the ice and it will melt its way through. Do not chop through the ice as the shock waves can damage or kill your fish. Always keep safety your number one priority. Never walk on thin ice. Try to position your Thermo-Pond within arms reach off shore to avoid walking on thin ice. Snow and ice should be removed from the top of your heater. This heater is recommended for ponds up to 1,000 gallons. An additional Thermo-Pond should be used for each additional 1,000 gallons of water. An additional heater should also be used in ponds requiring extra gas exchange due to excessive plant decay or large quantities of fish under the ice.
After the winter season, wipe down your Thermo-Pond with a damp cloth and store it in a clean dry place. Always inspect your heater before using. If there are cracks in the cord or plastic housing, do not use. Discard immediately.
|Ice will typically form up to the sides of the Thermo-Pond™. It will not harm or "crush" the unit. There is water under it which allows toxic gases to vent through the hole.|
|This is the hole created by the Thermo-Pond™. The best thing to do is to leave your Thermo-Pond™ in place. Don't move or disturb it during the winter.|
|Manufacturer||K & H Manufacturing|
|Flow Rate (GPH)||No|