Microbe-Lift PL Gel Filter Innoculant - 16 oz.
PL Gel is the first bacterial product that allows you to put the bacteria right where you want them and they stay there.
Use this product whenever starting up your pond's filter system, after every filter pad cleaning, or with every change/addition of filter media. PL/Gel bacteria quickly attach to and populate any filter media including foam, strapping, floss, bio balls, ceramic media, etc. This will help to rapidly establish the necessary biological activity in your filter to stabilize your pond's environment quickly. It will also help restore this activity to your filter when you clean or change the media in your filter.
- Convenient, easy-to-use flip-top squeeze bottle
- Easily applies to the filter pads/media without running or getting messy
- Contains the same spectrum of bacteria found in Microbe-Lift PL
- Contains naturally occuring biopolymers, helping organisms quickly attach to the media, allowing for an 80 % reduction in filter start-up time
- Helps to stabilize pond environment quickly upon start-up and to eliminate transient instability that can occur when filter media is cleaned or replaced
- Allows for more frequent cleaning of filters without subsequent instability if a pond has a high solids load and frequent cleaning is beneficial
- Reduces the frequency of cleaning by accelerating the breakdown of organic solids that can lead to high maintenance requirements
- Helps to establish denitrification in the filter which can lower nitrate levels in the pond
- Not effective at water temperatures below 60° F (15° C)
Innoculate PL/Gel directly to filter pad or media. The PL/Gel willl absorb into the pad/media by letting it set for 1-2 hours before inserting back into the filter or skimmer. After insertion, turn off recirculating pump for 1-2 hours, provided water can maintain adequate oxygenation without circulation for this amound of time. Repeat application of PL/Gel after each cleaning/replacement of filter pads/media when nitrate levels exceed 0.6 mg/L or as necessary to maintain optimum performance for your filter or skimmer.
|Flow Rate (GPH)||No|